(August 3-12 for GA students)
- Spots are limited. Sign up today to secure yours!
- Terms run eight (8) consecutive days, in which students will meet together in the classroom from 8:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. most days.
- This exceeds the (80) hours required by South Carolina law while still providing time for breaks, lunch and dinner hours each day.
- Training will be held at the Comfort Suites in Simpsonville, SC! Call them at 864-757-1552 and be sure to ask for the special Southeastern School of Auctioneering rate!
- Georgia students must attend ten (10) days to satisfy their state requirements – call for information.
Southeastern School of Auctioneering
Start Your Auction Career Journey!
We look forward to hearing from you!
History of The SouthEastern School of Auctioneering
Southeastern School of Auctioneering was conceived in 1982 by Larry J. Meares, who was serving on the South Carolina Auctioneers Commission at that time.
Having been on the committee to help put the SC Auction Law together and approved by the legislation process in South Carolina in 1975 and getting final approval of the law in 1977, he found there was a need to train persons in the auctioneering profession so that the law could be followed by auctioneers.
In 1982 and 1983 he assembled a workbook detailing how to call on clients such as banks, estate representatives, business owners, attorneys, and many other professionals to promote auctions. The book also included information on how to call bids, set up a variety of auctions, sell the items, account for all sales proceeds, pay sales taxes to the proper state agency, deliver the goods to the buyers, and other requirements of a professional auctioneer.
The school was approved by the South Carolina Department of Education and the South Carolina Auctioneers Commission.
The first class in November 1983 had five students, and we have grown tremendously since that time. Our class limit is twenty students because that gives instructors more one on one time with the students.
Today Southeastern School of Auctioneering is approved in most states and has more than 1,500 graduates. We also teach 12 to 15 continuing education seminars each year from South Carolina to Canada, and are continuing to grow, teaching online auctions, onsite auctions, internet advertising, environmental concerns, and many other subjects.
Our mission at Southeastern School of Auctioneering is to train and develop professional auctioneers who adhere to a strict code of ethics, and become greater assets to their families and communities.